Sync eating spaces + issue tracking

Questions regarding NixNote usage.
an90kw

Sync eating spaces + issue tracking

Postby an90kw » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:24 am

Hello,

I've been using Nixnote ever since switching to Linux at home about a year ago. So far, nothing but delight. But after upgrading to the latest version of Evernote on my Windows machine (and still using Nixnote2 on my Ubuntu machine), syncing my notes between the two systems eats some of the spaces between words, randomly. Some of my notes have no spaces left after going through a few rounds of this! I downgraded the Windows Evernote client, but it's still happening. I'm at my wit's end. What to do??

Also, I wrote about this issue in the existing GitHub issue thread, but there's no recent activity there. So what is the best way to submit an issue? Sourceforge, this forum, GitHub?

Thanks again for this wonderful software, which I'd be still happily using without problems if it weren't for this.

baumgarr
Site Admin

Re: Sync eating spaces + issue tracking

Postby baumgarr » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:19 pm

Sorry. I haven't had much time to work on NixNote recently. Kids & work have taken a lot of my time.

If you can reliably recreate it, could you export a copy before the sync & after the sync to Evernote and attach it to the GitHub thread? That would help me figure out what is happening.

an90kw

Re: Sync eating spaces + issue tracking

Postby an90kw » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:18 pm

Thanks for the answer. I'll have access to my Windows machine next week and I'll upload the files then. Although minor in the grand scheme of things, it's such an annoying issue!

Return to “General Questions”