NixNote painfully slow

Questions regarding NixNote usage.
bobardu

NixNote painfully slow

Postby bobardu » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:03 pm

Greetings,
I just installed nixnote2 on my rather old (32 bit) netbook, running Mint 18.2 Xfce. I synced up with my Evernote account, which took a few hours (overnight). Now, I find that simply typing a new note takes forever for it to appear on my screen. When I try to open any other feature, the program simply stalls for a very long time. This behavior makes it very hard to make use of what I believe is a very nice program.
Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any solutions? I suspect it may just be my old machine, but If not, I'd like to make use of NixNote.

baumgarr
Site Admin

Re: NixNote painfully slow

Postby baumgarr » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:37 pm

One person reported a problem, but they had a lot of notes (I don't remember how many). Even then, once they started typing it would pause for a few seconds & then it would be responsive.

You can try turning on the debug level to TRACE in Edit/Preferences. That will produce a LOT of output with timestamps on it. That should help narrow down what is happening.

bobardu

Re: NixNote painfully slow

Postby bobardu » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:51 pm

Thanks for your quick reply. My Evernote account is pretty old and so it does have many notes and notebooks. I'll give your TRACE suggestion a try.

Return to “General Questions”