It doesn't even install...

Vent your frustrations here. Every program has issues.
JMcFar

It doesn't even install...

Postby JMcFar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:32 am

I'm relatively new to Linux but have been using it with literally zero problems for a month... until 'NixNote'.

I'm attempting to install the latest update, NixNote2 2.0, on Ubuntu 16.04.

Since NixNote isn't in Ubuntu 16.04's repository, I've downloaded the .deb from sourceforge.net, as directed from the NixNote download page.

The .deb file opens an Ubuntu Software tab with an option to Install. So far, so good.

Upon clicking, the 'install' button changes to 'installing' for a fraction of a second. The progress bar remains at roughly 1/8th complete for that duration. The button then changes back to 'Install', as though nothing happened.

Even after waiting an hour for possible unseen processes to complete, a second attempt to install will simply result in a new item in my dock, 'waiting to install'. The progress bar on 'waiting to install' never moves.

I've restarted my computer several times and the results are the same.

Any ideas?

I have the latest Ubuntu LTS updates, and have installed a handful of other programs without issue.

baumgarr
Site Admin

Re: It doesn't even install...

Postby baumgarr » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:23 pm

Sorry for the pitifully slow response. i've been busy with family issues. Please try two things.

1.) Try downloading the latest version & try installing it. I have updated it since then.
2.) From a terminal, do a "sudo dpkg -i <install-file>" to see if any messages appear in the terminal.

Sorry again for the slow response.

Return to “This Program Stinks!”